12 November 2015
- Abu Dhabi schoolboy impresses a vast audience at ADIPEC with his own stand
- High ranking officials pay visit to the young boy who has his sights on F1
Rashid Al Dhaheri was honoured when he was requested by ADIPEC management to become a ‘Young ADIPEC Inspiration Ambassador.’
ADIPEC is the world’s second biggest oil and gas conference, bringing together oil ministers and top oil industry people worlwide, was held from 9 to 12 November held in Abu Dhabi and a record number of attendees this year reaching approximately 90,000 visitors.
The Young ADIPEC Inspiration Ambassador program, under the patronage of HH Sheikh Nahyan Al Nahyan, has been a longstanding tradition at the ADIPEC conference whereby young Emiratis are given the opportunity to share their experiences on an international stage.
Rashid’s role during the occasion, as the Young ADIPEC Inspiration Ambassador, was to share his story, highlighting the journey he and his team have undertaken in pursuit of his dream to become one of the first Emirati F1 drivers.
Rashid was given his own stand during the four days event at ADIPEC. Where he wore his race suit and had his kart on display. There was also a video running covering Rashid’s participation in local, regional and international karting championships.
Rashid had a stand where he could showcase his kart, his trophy, and few video were display so Rashid explained to different school and people visiting his different achievement in the local and international scene.
The stand was also provided with a simulator where any visitor could come and drive on the Dubai Autodrome Club Circuit using FG1000.
A small challenge was in place where the fastest lap time of the event was to win a day practicing with Rashid in Al Forsan.
The highlights of the event for Rashid were the visit paid at his stand by the following dignitaries:
- HE Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Youth and Social Development.
- HE Suhail Mohamed Al Mazroui, Minister of Energy
- Sheikh Mohamed bin Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan
- Sheikh Theyab bin Khalifa bin Hamdan Al Nahyan
- Sheikh Mohamed bin Sultan bin Hamdan Al Nahyan
- HE Abdallah El Badri, OPEC Secretary General
- HE Abdulla Nasser Al Suwaidi, Director General of ADNOC
- HE Abdulla Salem Al Dhaheri, CEO of ADNOC Distribution
- HE Matar Hamdan Al Ameri
Rashid’s father Ali Al Dhaheri said, “It was a wonderful week for Rashid, of course really busy, but I do believe that such event will help people to dicover our young talented Rashid.”
“Many people were shocked that we have such driver in the UAE, and were wondering why they do not know about him! The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is coming very soon and I hope Rashid will get more exposure during this major motorsport event,” added Al Dhaheri senior.